What Are Corporate Art Collections?
Organizations that amass corporate art collections include financial institutions, large companies and government entities. The art mediums run the gamut from painting, sculptures, photography and mixed media depending on the motivations for acquiring art and tastes of the curator.
What is the Purpose of a Corporate Art Collection?
Corporate art collections are acquired to help improve employee morale, for interior design purposes, philanthropy and in some cases to help reinforce brand identity. Depending on the institutional support, some corporate art collections can also hold immense investment value.
The Top 5 Corporate Art Collections
- Deutsch Bank, Germany: The German bank began acquiring artwork in 1979. Until recently, Deutsch had approximately 59,000 pieces of art in their collection including photography. Due to budget cuts however, the company reduced their collection to a mere 55,000 pieces of artwork.
- JP Morgan Chase, United States: Dates back to 1959 when the company's president, David Rockefeller, started the art collection. With more than 30,000 pieces, JP Morgan Chase arguably has the most famous and valuable corporate art collection in the field.
- UBS, Switzerland: With an estimated 35,000 pieces of artwork, the Swiss bank focuses primarily on contemporary art from the 1960's to present. UBS collects paintings, photographs, drawings, sculptures and video art.
- UniCredit, Europe: With 60,000 pieces of art, UniCredit has a vast collection of XIX century, modern, impressionist and contemporary art as well as more than 4,000 photographs. The bank reportedly is in the process of selling off the entire art collection in order to fund social initiatives.
- Insert Your Company: Though this list is dominated by big banks, your company doesn't have to be a worldwide financial institution in order to establish a corporate art collection. A great place to start would be to browse my fine art photography galleries as I've got more than 1,000 fine art photos on this website. By acquiring all of my fine art photography your company would instantly become one of the biggest corporate patrons of photography in the world. There is a lot of prestige and press that would come with such designation but perhaps most importantly that would cover a lot of office wall space and impress clients and employees alike.
About the Artist
Nature photography is more than just pretty pictures to me. Early on, photography became a creative outlet for me to express myself as I struggled to find my way in the world following college while also helping me to cope with my dad’s terminal illness. While my landscape and nature photography might sometimes look beautiful, it is rarely my intent to showcase beauty for beauty’s sake. Most of my favorite California and Canada photographs seek to relive specific memories and feelings from my youth.
I've been a fine art landscape and nature photographer for 20 years with many publishing credits in most major publications. I offer museum-quality fine art landscape and nature photography including Lumachrome HD TruView acrylic face mounts and ChromaLuxe edge mount prints. Please peruse the gallery below for a sampling of my artwork.