- Learn about the artwork you’re buying: No one knows more about their art than the artist. Much of the art on my website has detailed captions. You can also contact me at any time to learn more about my artwork. I'm willing to hop on a call at any time or answer as many emails as it takes to make you comfortable with your decision.
- Establish a personal bond with the artist: By viewing my website, you're learning about my life. And I'd like to learn more about you as well. I've put my heart and soul into creating my artwork. Being able to share my personal vision with another person is very gratifying. I've created every aspect of this website except for the code. These are all my photos and words. My photography prints and the stories behind them will be part of your life too once you acquire my art. You can't get that personal connection on a corporate e-commerce site.
- Gallery-quality art production. Not mass-produced on poster paper: There is no shortage of cheap $25 prints offered on the internet. The truth is that those prints have mediocre production value and are of no value to art collectors. There is also no value in purchasing prints like that if you are in the market for art because any photographer who sells their work on sites like that doesn't take their art seriously.
- Gallery-quality art without the gallery overhead: It costs a small fortune to run a brick and mortar art gallery. Those costs are passed onto you the art buyer. It is possible to buy gallery-quality art for less than gallery prices. I produce my fine art photography prints on the best materials from the best print labs available.
- Know that you’re buying art from a real person: I'm a family man with a wife and two-year old son. Photography has been a part of my life for nearly 20 years now. My art was originally about myself. Now it's about me and my family. There is a part of them in all of the work I create now.
- Art is personal: The process of selecting art should be personal too. I’m here to answer your questions at any time.
- Each fine art photography print is custom printed for you: I work from a master file and make appropriate adjustments for every single print that I create in order to ensure you have the best quality print possible. No two prints are exactly alike.
- Low pressure sales environment: Buying art from a physical gallery can be an intimidating experience. You have the awkward silence but know that a pair of eyes are on you at all times. The more financially-successful galleries have high pressure sales people that can be overbearing. None of those things apply when buying from me. I'm kind of shy to be honest. Feel free to browse my nature & landscape photography galleries at your own leisure. I'm available for you whenever you need me but I won't know you're there unless you reach out and contact me.
- Acquire artwork you wouldn't have been able to anywhere else: The chances are that we don't live within close proximity of each other. That's perfectly fine. Art shouldn't be limited to just tourist meccas like Carmel and Santa Fe. My fine art photography prints are displayed on my site 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere at your convenience. Think of Richard Wong Photography as your own private art gallery viewing. However, if you're in the San Francisco Bay Area I'm happy to meet you and show you a portfolio box of prints.
- Your support allows artists like myself to create more of what we love doing: A lot of photographers pursue commercial photography to pay the bills. That is soulless work since the artistic vision is dictated by the commercial client. By supporting our personal art, we will have the means to pursue more meaningful artwork which gets shared with you.
Landscape & Nature Photography Blog: 10 Reasons To Buy Art Online Directly From Artists
Posted in opinion and tagged buy art online, richard wong photography, fine art prints, fine art photography.